Recommended books on CHR
- Peter Van Weert. Extension and Optimising Compilation of Constraint Handling Rules. PhD thesis, K.U.Leuven, Belgium, May 2010.
- Leslie De Koninck. Execution Control for Constraint Handling Rules. PhD thesis, K.U.Leuven, Belgium, November 2008.
- Mark Meister. Advances in Constraint Handling Rules. PhD thesis, Universität Ulm, Germany, 2008.
- Jon Sneyers. Optimizing Compilation and Computational Complexity of Constraint Handling Rules. PhD thesis, K.U.Leuven, Belgium, November 2008.
- Paolo Tacchella. Constraint Handling Rules — Compositional Semantics and Program Transformation. PhD thesis, Department of Computer Science, University of Bologna, Italy, March 2008.
- Gregory J. Duck. Compilation of Constraint Handling Rules. PhD thesis, University of Melbourne, Australia, December 2005.
- Tom Schrijvers. Analyses, optimizations and extensions of Constraint Handling Rules. PhD thesis, K.U.Leuven, Belgium, June 2005.
- Slim Abdennadher. Rule-based Constraint Programming: Theory and Practice. Habilitationsschrift, Institute of Computer Science, LMU, Munich, Germany, July 2001.
- Armin Wolf. Adaptive Constraintverarbeitung mit Constraint-Handling-Rules — Ein allgemeiner Ansatz zur Lösung dynamischer Constraint-probleme. PhD thesis, Technical University Berlin, Germany, 1999.
- Thom Frühwirth. A Declarative Language for Constraint Systems: Theory and Practice of Constraint Handling Rules. Habilitationsschrift, Department of Computer Science, LMU, Munchen, Germany, December 1997.
More than 1300 books are mentioning CHR (according to Google).
Books on CHR applications
- M.T. Escrig and F. Toledo. Qualitative Spatial Reasoning: Theory and Practice — Application to Robot Navigation. IOS Press, 1998.
- Michael Thielscher. Reasoning robots: the art and science of programming robotic agents. Springer Verlag, 2005.