What is my Locker Combination?
Appeared in Volume 8/4, November 1995
First: What is the combination?
- My locker combination is made up of three numbers.
- The numbers on the dial range from 1-40.
- The second number is twice the first.
- The third number is ten more than the second.
- The first number has one even digit and one odd digit.
- The second number has either two odd or two even digits.
- The total of all the different digits used in the combination is 10. (For
example: 22/22/22 would total 2, and 18/28/12 would total 11.)
Second: Is there any way to rewrite this puzzle with 6 or less rules, without
the answer being obvious?