This page contains information available related to the K.U.Leuven JCHR System. Since JCHR is in the first place a research project, we will start with a list of related publications. This page also contains the latest version of the manual. Finally, links to related websites on Constraint Handling Rules are provided. For more information, please contact us.
For a quick overview of the systems' features we also recommend taking a look at the examples page.
- Peter Van Weert. Efficient Lazy Evaluation of Rule-Based Programs. In IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering, special issue on Rule Representation, Interchange and Reasoning in Distributed, Heterogeneous Environments, 2010. Accepted. [draft]
- Peter Van Weert and Leslie De Koninck and Jon Sneyers. A Proposal for a Next Generation of CHR, Sixth Intl. Workshop on Constraint Handling Rules (CHR'09), Pasadena, California (Raiser, F., and Sneyers, J., eds.), July 2009. [paper, proceedings ]
- Slim Abdennadher and Shehab Fawzy. JCHRIDE: An Integrated Development Environment for JCHR, 22nd Workshop on (Constraint) Logic Programming, Dresden, Germany (Schwarz, S., ed.), pp 1-6, September 2008. [paper, proceedings]
- Jon Sneyers, Peter Van Weert, Tom Schrijvers and Leslie De Koninck. As Time Goes By: Constraint Handling Rules – A Survey of CHR Research from 1998 to 2007, Journal of Theory and Practice of Logic Programming (TPLP), 2010. To appear. [draft]
- Peter Van Weert, Pieter Wuille, Tom Schrijvers, and Bart Demoen. CHR for Imperative Host Languages, Constraint Handling Rules — Current Research Topics (Schrijvers, T., and Frühwirth, T., eds.), volume 5388 of Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence, pp 161-212, December 2008. [article, book, BibTeX, benchmarks ]
- Peter Van Weert. Compiling constraint handling rules to Java: a reconstruction, August 2008. [technical report, BibTeX]
- Peter Van Weert. Optimization of CHR Propagation Rules, 24rd Intl. Conference on Logic Programming (ICLP'08), Udine, Italy (Garcia de la Banda, M. and Pontelli, E., eds.), volume 5366 of Lecture Notes in Computer Science, pp 485-100, December 2008. [paper, draft, extended report, BibTeX]
- Peter Van Weert. A Tale of Histories, 5th Workshop on Constraint Handling Rules (CHR'08), Hagenberg, Austria (Schrijvers, T., Raiser, F., and Frühwirth, T., eds.), pp 79-94, July 2008. [paper, proceedings, BibTeX]
- Jon Sneyers, Tom Schrijvers, Bart Demoen. Dijkstra's algorithm with Fibonacci heaps: An executable description in CHR, 20th Workshop on Logic Programming (WLP'06), Vienna, Austria (Fink, M. and Tompits, H. and Woltran, S., eds.), pp 182-191, February 2006. [proceedings, extented report, BibTeX]
- Peter Van Weert, Tom Schrijvers, Bart Demoen, K.U.Leuven JCHR: a user-friendly, flexible and efficient CHR System for Java, Proceedings of Second Workshop on Constraint Handling Rules, Sitges, Spain (Schrijvers, T. and Frühwirth, T., eds.), pp 47-62, October 5, 2005, [paper, proceedings, slides, BibTeX]
- Peter Van Weert, Constraint Programming in Java: een gebruiksvriendelijk, flexibel en efficiënt CHR-systeem voor Java (in Dutch), Master's thesis, Department of Computer Science, K.U.Leuven, Leuven (Belgium), May, 2005 [thesis, BibTeX]
This is only a small (and quite self-centered) selection of recent, related papers. Many more can be found on the CHR website, and in particular in the CHR bibliography. The references in the above publications are of course an excellent starting point for the interested reader as well.
An almost complete draft of the manual is available [ps, pdf]. We are still working on completing the manual, and welcome all questions and comments. The current manual covers version 1.5.1. An update for version 1.6.0 will follow soon. This explanation could also help you to experiment with the system. Also have a look at the examples page. For some basic information on how to run Java programs, look here.
If you want more info, please contact the author, Peter Van Weert [e-mail]